This soft brownie is not the typical gooey dense type of brownie. It is not chewy and has a crumbly texture that is complimented by the chopped almonds scattered on top.
Almond Chocolaty Brownies
- 175 grams dark chocolate (I used a mixture of 145 grams 70% cocoa chocolate and 30 grams 55% cocoa chocolate)
- 130 grams unsalted butter
- 75 grams all-purpose flour
- 120 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Grease a brownie pan or a small square tin.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain marie. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Mix sugar and salt into chocolate butter mixture. Stir well with a spatula.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and fold in with a spatula.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake for about 20-23 minutes.
- Cool in pan before cutting.
Without the almonds, I think there would not be much bite to this light-weight brownie.
Enjoy this with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream….:)