Besides just eating them, I wanted to make these into a divine dessert. Mango pudding? Cheesecake? Scones?
My friend’s mum has always been thinking of giving mangoes to me, since my friend mentioned I bake. So this time round, I thought to give her a sweet gift from me, using her mangoes.
- 2 small mangoes, peeled and chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 250 grams good quality unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 80 grams icing sugar, sifted
- 350 grams plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4-5 tbsp mango jam
- Place all the ingredients for mango jam in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and cook over low fire for around 15 minutes, stirring constantly, until it becomes a thick jam.
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter with icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add dry ingredients and mango sauce and mix until combined.
- Split the dough in two and place each portion on a piece of parchment paper. Using your hands, pat into a log shape. Wrap with parchment paper, then a piece of food wrap.
- Store in fridge for 4 hours at least, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 200 C. Slice into 1 cm thick rounds and bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before storing (or eating, if you can) in an air-tight container.
A perfect gift for a kind lady. These cookies are yummy! Buttery with the beautiful fragrance of mangoes. I am sure these will be received well by your guests during Chinese New Year too. 🙂