Another all-time favorite cookie to bake for Chinese New Year.
This very easy to make cookie has a melt-in-the-mouth texture and is not too sweet. Do use the best quality butter you can get. For this, I used Echire butter and the taste was awesome.
Butter cookies (adapted from Nasilemaklover)
(Makes around 45-50)
- 250 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 60 grams icing sugar
- 187.5 grams all-purpose flour
- 62.5 grams corn flour
- 5 grams sea salt
- Prepare 2 lined baking sheets and preheat oven to 180 C.
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift in all-purpose flour, corn flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Scrape batter into a piping bag fitted with star tip. I used Wilton 1M.
- Pipe batter onto baking tray, leaving a 1 cm gap between each cookie.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before storing in air-tight containers.
Sometimes the best tasting cakes and cookies are the ones that are really simple to whip up. Here, the taste of the cookie relies heavily on the butter. That buttery fragrance is truly unbeatable. A slight crunch from the corn flour adds dimension to the cookie. Do cool completely before storing, to prevent the cookie getting soft.