Easiest ice cream to make!
I once saw a food show, teaching about making of ice cream. The host said something I somewhat agree with. In making ice cream, you got to have real cream. If there is no real cream, it is not ice cream.
There are many healthier alternatives to using cream in ice cream. They’re not bad, but still, without cream, it will not taste the same.
No churn mango ice cream (adapted from Nigella Lawson)
- 600 ml cream (I used Bulla’s original 45% fat)
- 300 grams condensed milk
- 6 small mangoes
- Peel mangoes, slice and place in blender. Blend until fine. Set aside
- Whip cream until stiff peaks.
- Whisk in condensed milk and blended mangoes.
- Pour into container and place in freezer for 6 hours.
The texture is acceptable, with some icy shards within. If you have the time, you can do the ‘2 hours churn once step’ with your mixer to make the ice cream texture smoother.
The taste depends on the mangoes. The ones I used are from a friend and are really fragrant and sweet. But I do not think I will make ice cream solely using the 45% fat content cream anymore. It came out super rich.
My taste testers liked this ice cream, even though it is very rich.