Another experiment for our company event at St. John’s Island in November.
This item will be the breakfast for the 2nd day.
Buttermilk pancakes (adapted from allrecipes uk)
- 150 grams plain flour
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- a large pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add in buttermilk, oil and egg. Whisk until well combined.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat up a frying pan and add some olive oil.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Pour in 2 big ladles of batter. Once new bubbles stop emerging, use a spatula and flip over the pancake.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve warm, smeared with butter and drizzled with maple syrup.
These pancakes are fluffy and tasty, probably because I used buttermilk I had from making cultured butter.