Another soft toast bread recipe spotted from Victoria Bakes.
Uber soft toast (adapted from Victoria Bakes)
- 130 grams bread flour (I used King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour)
- 130 grams Casarine flour
- 3 grams instant yeast
- 180 grams (1 XL egg + 85 grams whipping cream + milk)
- 30 grams sugar
- 2 grams salt
- 20 grams cultured butter
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place everything except butter in the mixing bowl.
- Turn to medium low speed and mix for 2-4 minutes until a dough starts to come together.
- Add in butter.
- Mix on medium speed until dough reaches windowpane stage. This can take between 10-15 minutes, depending on your mixer.
- Shape dough into whatever you wish. If making toast, divide into 3, roll flat then roll up swiss roll style. Place in pullman tin and proof for an hour or until it reaches 80% of the height of the tin. I doubled the recipe and made 6 medium rolls, 2 large burger buns and a mini loaf.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bread internal temperature exceeds 200 F.
The taste is a bit richer than normal bread, because of the addition of an extra large egg and whipping cream. It has a nice milky fragrance but I find the texture a bit dry by the next day, though the bread is still soft. If I were to make this bread again, I would reduce the egg size to normal and increase the milk used.