A very good recipe that produces soft flavourful buns!
16 hours poolish soft buns (adapted from SeaDragon)
- 150 grams casarine bread flour
- 150 grams water
- 0.5 grams yeast
- Mix everything together, cover with cling wrap and leave to proof for an hour. Place into the fridge for at least 16 hours.
- 250 grams casarine bread flour
- 100 grams cake flour
- 15 grams milk powder
- 50 grams castor sugar
- 6 grams salt
- 5 grams instant yeast
- 1 egg
- 75 grams water
- all of the poolish
- 50 grams unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 lightly beaten egg for glazing
- Place everything, except butter, in the mixing bowl.
- Knead on low speed until a dough forms. This takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in butter. Knead until dough reaches windowpane stage. This takes about 8-10 minutes on medium speed.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with cling wrap and proof for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces. Shape the dough to whatever you desire.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with cling wrap and proof for 1 hour.
- 15 minutes before proofing time is up, preheat oven to 190 C.
- Glaze buns with egg wash.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool completely on a rack before storing in an airtight container.
Gloriously soft, sweet bread that is delicious taken plain.