Another easy recipe to use up egg white.
Egg white biscotti (adapted from QL Kitchen)
- 265 grams egg white
- 100 grams castor sugar
- large pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp organic clover honey
- 320 grams all-purpose flour
- 250 grams whole almonds
- Prepare 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Whisk egg white and castor sugar until stiff peaks.
- Add in honey and salt and whisk until combined.
- Sift in flour and fold in until combined.
- Add in almonds and fold in until combined.
- Scrape half of the mixture onto each of the prepared baking sheets and shape into a flattened log.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into 1/2 cm thickness.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150 C. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until crisp.
- Let cool completely before storing in airtight container.
For variation, you can coat the biscotti in vanilla sugar before baking for the second time.