These muffins are delicious! Moist and full of apple and cinnamon flavor.
Apple muffins (adapted from Sassymama)
- 100 grams all-purpose flour
- 100 grams spelt flour
- 50 grams old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 45 grams brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 organic apples (I used Pink Lady), cored and sliced
- 125 grams greek yogurt
- 125 grams milk
- 1 egg
- 50 ml olive oil
- 30 grams maple syrup
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped to cubes
- 75 grams sultanas
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 190 C. Prepare about 10-12 muffin cases.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Place all the wet ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients all at once into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add in granny smith apple and sultanas and fold in until combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cases. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown or a skewer in the middle comes out clean.