A moist delicious butter cake with a nutty taste from almonds, adapted from one of my favorite recipes.
Almond butter cake
- 250 grams salted butter, cut into cubes
- 160 grams caster sugar, separated
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Bailey’s (can be substituted with milk, whipping cream or rum)
- 180 grams cake flour
- 70 grams almond meal, lightly toasted
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Line a 8 inch square pan. Preheat oven to 160 C.
- Beat butter with 140 grams of sugar until pale in color.
- Add in egg yolks, one at a time.
- Add in vanilla extract and Bailey’s. Mix well.
- Add in cake flour, baking powder and almond meal. Mix well.
- Whisk egg whites with 20 grams of sugar until stiff peaks.
- Fold into egg yolk mixture in 3 portions.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a skewer in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cover the top with foil if it browns too quickly.