This is a great dessert to make, to nourish the body. Full of essential minerals, this bowl of black goodness will also improve your bowels and supposedly reduces white hairs.
The downside is it is rather ‘heaty’ and cannot be taken too frequently.
Black sesame paste
- 200 grams organic black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp organic white sesame seeds
- 200 grams long-grained rice, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 litre of water
- Pinch of salt
- Rock sugar
- Roast both sesame seeds over low fire until the white sesame seeds turns light brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Roast rice over low fire for 10 minutes.
- Grind sesame seeds with rice till fine texture. I used a coffee grinder.
- Add sesame seeds mixture into a pot, together with 1 litre of water. Mix well.
- Turn on to medium low fire and cook for about 1 hour, stirring once a while for the first 40 minutes and stirring constantly for the last 20 minutes. The final texture should be like porridge, though not as thick as the black sesame paste you can buy outside.
- Add salt.
- Add rock sugar to taste.