Scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam! Perfect breakfast, tea, lunch, dinner, supper, whatever.. The person who invented this is brilliant.
Scones (adapted from The Guardian)
- 175 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 grams butter, cold and cut into cubes
- large pinch of salt
- 50 – 60 ml of milk
- Preheat oven to 190 C. Line a small baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Work fast as the mixture should be as cold as possible.
- Pour milk into the mixture. Start with 50 ml and if not enough, gradually add more. When it comes together into a dough, it is ready. Knead for 1-2 minutes.
- Roll or pat out to 1.5 cm thick. Cut with a 6 cm fluted cutter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and well risen.
- Cool till warm, then serve with clotted cream and strawberry jam.