This is an amazingly soft and moist butter cake, made with coconut milk. The smell is divine and you really cannot stop at 1 slice. 🙂
Purple sweet potato butter cake (adapted from Honey Bee Sweets)
- 180 grams steamed and mashed purple sweet potato
- 95 grams coconut milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 65 grams caster sugar
- 250 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 grams cake flour
- 6 egg whites
- 115 grams caster sugar
- 120 grams steamed and mashed purple sweet potato
- 72 grams coconut milk
- Line a 8 by 8 inches pan with baking paper.
- Mix 180 grams mashed sweet potato with 95 grams coconut milk.
- Cream egg yolks with sugar until lighter in color.
- Add in butter and salt. Mix well.
- Add in sweet potato mixture. Mix well.
- Add in cake flour. Mix well.
- Whisk egg whites with caster sugar until stiff peaks.
- Fold in meringue to egg yolk mixture in 3 additions.
- For topping, mix both ingredients well. Dollop over the top of the cake and using a skewer, swirl to get a nice pattern.
- Bake in water bath at 155 C for 70-75 minutes.